Character Traits

So I know I haven't posted in a while but I'm finally getting around to it and I have some great ideas (at least I think so) to share!  Most of them I have borrowed from somewhere else online but here they are...all put together.

I started the week with "I am.." character traits.  We went over character traits using a great sheet from Read.Write.Think.  Then, (after modeling of course) students chose or brainstormed at least 10 character traits to write about themselves.  When I took their pictures, I made sure to ask for evidence of a few of the traits they chose.  It would have also been great to do a quick write.

We studied character traits the same week that the students had to take COGats (AIG) testing.  Since I knew the kids would be exhausted and its a movie with strong characters - we watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  The old, better movie of course.  Over the three days of watching the movie, students had to record the actions, words, and feelings of the 5 "kid" characters - Charlie, Violet, Veruca, Agustus, and Mike Teevee.  After the movie, students created a foldable with pictures of the characters, and character traits with evidence from the movie.  The kids loved the lessons and it showed that they truly do understand character traits.

Willy Wonka Character Graphic Organizer



Comments

Popular Posts