Saturday, July 16, 2011

Antsy


I'm getting so antsy to get into my new classroom.  Since the school I'm moving into is brand new, it is not open for occupancy yet.  It's killing me!  I did, however, go peek in the windows.  There are cabinets along the walls, cubbies for the kids, a sink, 3 white boards, 2 bulletin boards, windows, a rocking chair, and a carpet for the whole group meeting space.  Now, this may not sound like a lot but I'm coming from a small charter school so I'm excited about whatever extra resources I have!  I'm still hoping for tables and chairs for the kids (I think those are a given!!), a kidney table for pulling guided reading/math groups, and more bookshelves.  Once I get into the class and start setting up my areas I'll be posting pictures of my reading area, writing center, board space, etc. I can't wait!!!

He that can have patience, can have what he will. - Benjamin Franklin

No comments: