Finally here...

So I wake up this morning like a 5 year old on Christmas Day.  It has been quite some time since I woke up before the dog begged to go out.  I took Bailey out and got ready for the day.  I loaded the car (it rained last night) with everything from the apt. that had to be moved to the new class.  Then I sat.  I was waiting for my friend with a larger car...plus the school wouldn't even be opened yet.  So I finished Daily 5 and watched some news.  Finally it was time to go see my new room.
I pull out of the parking lot and I don't even make it a block before I realize....I have a flat tire.  I pulled into the coffee place near me and proceeded to jump up in down and about kick the tire...like that was gonna fix it!  Luckily, a very nice guy set down his coffee and offered his help.  I was so greatful!!  However, that still meant it had to be fixed...you can't really lug around a bunch of boxes back and forth on a mini-tire. So after shelling out way too much and waiting 1 hour 1/2, I had new balanced and rotated tires and I was ready to move in.
The building is gorgeous!  There are exposed pipes in the ceiling - red for hot water, blue for cold.  The ceiling of the media center has giant tinker toys and a huge skylight w/ remote control shade.  The floors have overlapping boxes of blue, yellow, and orange.  The classrooms all have a wall that is brightly painted one of the key colors and the cabinets are all purple or green.  I had new materials - textbooks (not sure how I feel about these!), 6 tables, a horseshoe table, TONS of math manipulatives, pocket charts, sentence strips, and things were still piling in!

 
Of course in public education there is a lot of paperwork so I began by signing in for the day and taking inventory of ALL the new materials - even trashcans!  Then the cars got unloaded and we headed back to the old school for 2 more trips. I need a beverage, Advil, and sleep! A "THANKS" goes out to the helpful trio who helped me move today!!  Now I'm just stuck with tons of overwhelming boxes.  Hopefully, tomorrow I'll learn to purge!

Comments

Ann Hoover said…
Your room looks so big and all those lovely manipulatives. I am very jealous. I miss teaching little people. Have fun. :)

Popular Posts